Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Second Opinion

Have I mentioned we are a little shocked to be having a girl?!?!  Well, so is EVERYONE else for that matter.  When we shared our news, lots of people were like "REALLY?  Are you sure?  16 weeks is so early to tell..."  Well I'm not an ultrasound tech, so I don't know.  haha  I am just going with what were were told.  BUT because of this overwhelming shock from us as well as others, I decided to schedule another appointment just to double/triple check :)  Steve will probably be mad when he finds out, but I JUST HAVE TO KNOW!

So, I go in today for a quick appointment at a ultrasound boutique near our home today at 5!  hehe

This extra opinion will give me/us peace of mind.  With Hudson we had tons of ultrasounds, so I don't feel as guilty getting this done again.

I'm also going to go look at furniture and bedding for babies and kids just to get an idea on price and style.

Along with decorating a nursery, we will also be turning Hudson's room into a BIG BOY room.  I'm so excited that he is going to get a "new room" too, especially because we never painted it or did anything with it after we moved in.

Speaking of Hudson.... HE TURNS 2 in just a few days!  I love that little guy so much!  Steve is taking off work so we can have a special Hudson/Family day to celebrate!  I'm so excited and hope Hudson really enjoys what we have planned for him.

******Update******

Well the verdict is in.  After getting a third opinion (yes, that's how shocked we were about having a girl) the unanimous consensus is....

WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!

At 16 weeks most professionals agree that gender can be ultimately determined.  I know that nothing is 100% and have heard crazy stories about gender changing, but I feel pretty confident after having three separate ultrasound techs (two from the hospital where we will be delivering and one at a private ultrasound boutique) tell us that they are positive our baby is a SHE.  I'm not going shopping any time soon, but I do feel pretty comfortable sharing the exciting news with friends and family.  :)


According to the Ultrasound Techs, those dots mean girl... I've never heard this but OK.



Ok, so these were the pictures taken at the hospital at exactly 16 weeks.  Two ultrasound techs assured us we were having a girl.  Honestly I can't make much out in these pictures.  They don't mean much to my untrained eye.  I have always been told that an ultrasound of a little girl has three lines, no protrusion, and looks like a hamburger.  hehe  I tried comparing these ultrasound pictures with Hudson's and they do look completely different.  But I still wasn't convinced 100%.  The following ultrasound pictures are from the separate boutique yesterday at 16 weeks 3 days.


This is a pretty good shot of Baby Farmer 2.  We even got to hear her heartbeat.



This picture is much easier to see.  You can even see the three lines (hamburger).  Even I am pretty positive this ultrasound screams GIRL.


Little baby was tossing and turning.  It was so fun seeing her kick and wave her hands.  SHE even stared right at us for a while.



Another good gender shot.  It's not as clear, but it seems to be pretty evident that there are no boy parts...



We got to see our babies cute foot!  Just look how adorable those little toes are!

No comments:

Post a Comment